Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 4 Review

Well, with only two games remaining for the weekend, tonight's Bears-Giants game and tomorrow's Patriots-Dolphins matchup, I'm 7-5. I lost with the Bengals, Seahawks, Eagles, Colts, and Titans. New Orleans and Atlanta both struggled, but both escaped with victories to go to 3-1 atop the NFC South. The Baltimore-Pittsburgh game was a low scoring struggle, but the Ravens got a last minute touchdown on Joe Flacco's pass to TJ Houshmandzadeh.

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills - This game was not competitive at all as the Jets cruised to a 38-14 victory in Orchard Park. LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns on 19 carries and Shonn Green had 117 yards on 22 carries of his own as the Jets manhandled the Bills defensive line all day. It's usually not a good thing when your quarterback is your leading rusher, unless it's someone like Michael Vick, and for the Bills today it was not a good thing. Ryan Fitzpatrick had 74 yards on 7 rushes as he ran for his life from the relentless Jets defense all day; Fitzpatrick was also sacked 3 times.

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles - Alright, I lost with this pick as I had the Eagles over the Redskins, but is it really a loss when Philadelphia loses? I don't think so either, so I wasn't too broken up to lose this one...especially once I knew I was mathematically eliminated from winning my pool. Tough not to feel good for Donovan McNabb as the Redskins came away with the victory in McNabb's return to Philadelphia after 11 seasons as an Eagle. Michael Vick suffered a rib injury as he raced toward the end zone in the first half and was relieved by Kevin Kolb. While Kolb was under center for the Eagles I noticed a couple things: 1, the Eagles offensive line is not very good, which I have heard before; and 2, I don't get the hype surrounding Kevin Kolb. I don't understand why the Eagles were so quick to get rid of McNabb in favor of Kolb. If I were an Eagles fan, and thankfully I am not, I would be hoping that Michael Vick is able to start next week in San Francisco because Vick has looked good thus far.

With a .500 record for the week assured, tonight I have the Giants over the Bears and tomorrow is the Dolphins over the Patriots.

No comments:

Post a Comment