Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pawn Stars and the History Channel

I know that all of my previous posts have been about sports, but I'm going to stray a bit off course here. I've recently started watching the show Pawn Stars on the History Channel and it is really quite good. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's basically Orange County Choppers meets Antique Road Show in a Las Vegas pawn shop. The show follows 3 generations of a family pawn shop business as they evaluate and appraise goods that customers bring in to sell.

I was hesitant to try Pawn Stars due to the fact that I was starting to take issue with some of the programming on the History Channel, but they do a good job of mixing in entertainment and the history of the items brought in to be sold. I know, I know, that previous sentence makes me sound like a real nerd, but does that really surprise you? Now, while I get why Pawn Stars is on the History Channel, I don't get how the History Channel runs the Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers shows because they really have no connection to history. Seriously, why are these shows on the History Channel? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be on the Discovery or National Geographic channels? Again, I know I'm being extremely picky, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, give Pawn Stars a shot, it's worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment