Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rutgers Football

Rutgers Football

For 5 straight seasons the Rutgers football team had qualified to go to a bowl game under head coach Greg Schiano; however, after yesterday's 40-13 loss to Louisville at Rutgers Stadium, that streak has come to an end. Rutgers, (4-7, 1-5 Big East) will finish the season at West Virginia. During the run of 5 straight bowl appearances Rutgers was 4-1 and had won the last 4 years. Under Schiano the Scarlet Knights have gone from a perennial laughing stock to a team that has cracked the top 10 in the national polls. It remains to be seen whether this year's disappointing record will be a temporary set back or a regression back to being a doormat. As an alum, I am hoping it's the former.

Liquid Kids

I recently came across this comic, which used to run in The Daily Targum, the Rutgers school newspaper. It was easily the best part of the paper and it was the first thing I would read when getting the paper. It's been quite a while, however, since I've had the pleasure of being able to read the Liquid Kids, but I recently found a link to it. I now give to you the Liquid Kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment